The following document will guide users through creating their own customer panel within the Nearmap Solar tool. Please select your region below for more information:
|1. Australia||2. United States|
The Panels tab allows you to create new custom solar panels or make modifications to existing ones from our library. New panels you create will be saved under your Nearmap username and will appear at the top of the solar panel list, even if you switch computers. To understand what each panel parameter refers to, please see panel and system parameters.
Here's an example of how to add a panel. Suppose we would like to use the REC Group REC265PE panel, but only up to REC260PE are included in our library. No problem!
1) With the solar tool open, click Panels to open the Panels tab.
2) If available, select from the Panel dropdown list a similar panel to the one you would like to use. In our case, the REC260PE will be a close approximation. If there's no similar panel to what you want, that's fine. Just use any panel, since you can modify every aspect of it.
3) Click Make a copy to create a new custom panel in the library. Its manufacturer name will be preceded with (custom).
4) Modify whatever parameters you like, including the manufacturer and model name. In our case, we'll remove the word "(custom)", update the model name to our desired REC265PE, and modify the power to 265 W, since that's the only parameter that needs to change for the new panel.
5) You're done! Every change was saved as soon as you made it. This panel will now be available for use in the Active Job tab when a job is underway. Note that any changes you make to a custom panel will be reflected in existing panels that you have placed.
The Panel dropdown in the Nearmap solar tool contains a list of PV units produced by popular solar panel manufacturers.
If you can't find the PV unit you want to use in your solar installation, you can add it to the list by creating a custom panel.
To create a custom panel:
- From the Toolbar, select Design.
- Select Solar.
- Click the Panels tab.
- From the Panel dropdown, select an existing panel.
- Click Make a copy.
- Enter the manufacturer, model number and parameters of the solar panel from its specifications sheet.
The details are automatically saved in the new panel. You can now select the new panel from the Custom Panels section of the Panel dropdown when creating a solar job.