The following document will guide users through using the Nearmap Solar tool to create Solar jobs. Please select your region below for more information:
|1. Australia||2. United States|
You can use the Nearmap Solar tool to plan out a solar installation directly on our high-resolution PhotoMaps™. This feature is available on business packages only.
Creating a solar job
1) First, search for the location at which you would like to place solar panels.
2) Once you have found your location of interest, open the solar tool by clicking the solar icon on the toolbar. The solar job creation window will appear.
3) Click the existing location marker, or anywhere else at the location, to create a new solar job there.
4) The Active Job tab will open. By navigating through the timeline, you can observe how shading varies at the location by time of day and season. Keep an eye on the Photo time shown in the solar tool to see exactly when the photo was captured.
Adding and manipulating panels
1) Before adding panels, select the solar panel model that you would like to use. All the panels on this list should be Australian CEC approved, but please verify at the accreditation website as approved panels change over time. If your model of interest is not listed, you can create a custom panel type through the Panels tab. To understand what each panel parameter refers to, please see panel and system parameters.
2) To add one panel at a time, just click the map, or set the Panels box to 1 and click Add. If you wish to add a row of panels at once, just set the Panels box to the size of the row you want, then click Add. You can create a grid of panels by adding a row several times in succession.