The Public Info tool provides a powerful way to visualise a range of demographic and boundary data across the country.
For information on the source and meaning of the data in the Public Info tool, see Public Info: About data layers.
To access the Public Info tool
- From the Nearmap Toolbar dropdown, select b.
- Click Public Info.
To display a layer
- From the Public Info panel, click a top-level layer to expand it.
- Select a layer.
Use the Data controls and zoom levels to view meaningful data
- Use the Transparency slider to control the shading for each region.
- Check Show [layer name] to add labels to the map.
- Some layers are only visible or meaningful at particular zooms. In particular, layers such as Zip codes will not display at low zooms, and a warning message will display instead. Zoom in or out to an appropriate level to make the most of each data layer.
To remove a layer from the map
- Click the Clear button to remove the layer from the map and return to the list of layers.
To highlight a statistical band
- In the Public Info panel, click a statistical band to highlight it on the map.