We orthorectify our imagery using a Digital Terrain Model (DTM) that represents the bare earth. This occasionally leads to stitching artifacts on elevated structures such as buildings and bridges, but does not affect the measurement accuracy of visible contiguous detail.
Articles in this section
- StreetView displays incorrectly
- Why are some images blurry?
- Why do tall buildings like skyscrapers sometimes look strange?
- Why does a skyscraper appear slightly slanted in MultiView mode?
- Why do certain parts of one survey area appear to contain different colors?
- An obvious edge is visible in some PhotoMaps™
- Why do some survey areas appear cut short or incomplete?
- Why can't I see the entire length of a train?
- Why is there a light haze covering some map areas?
- Why is there a white sheen over an area of water I am looking at?