If your organization has Portal for ArcGIS, you can add our imagery to Portal for consumption by your Portal users.
Before starting, make sure that:
- You have an ArcGIS Online organization account which is provisioned with access to our imagery
(For information on how to be provisioned with access to Nearmap's ArcGIS Online offering, please click here.)
- You are Portal user who is able to add items from ArcGIS Online and can share/publish content within Portal to other users
- Portal can access items from ArcGIS online (i.e. no firewall restrictions between Portal and ArcGIS Online)
- Login to ArcGIS Online using your organization’s account
- In the Search bar, type in Nearmap to search for Nearmap Photomaps layers within the ArcGIS Online.
- Among the search results should display the “Nearmap US PhotoMaps” and “Nearmap AU PhotoMaps” layers
(Note: If the search results doesn’t list the above mentioned layers, check that your search is not constrained to Only search for content within your organization’s ArcGIS online account)
- Click Details for the layer you intend to add to Portal (US or AU)
- Within the Details page, you will find a URL listed on the right side of the page. Hit the ‘Copy’ button next to the URL
For Nearmap US Photomaps, the URL will be:
For Nearmap AU Photomaps, the URL will be:
- Next log in to Portal for ArcGIS, go to My Content and then Add Item
- In the drop down pane, select From the web
- Enter/Select as below:
Type: ArcGIS Server web service
URL: Enter/Paste the URL copied from ArcGIS Online
Username: ArcGIS Online account username
Password: ArcGIS Online account password
Tick Store credentials with service item. This will store the ArcGIS Online credentials in the Portal and allow all Portal users to access the item without having to be signed into ArcGIS Online.
Title: This will be the displayed name within Portal for the layer. Modify the title as desired
(Default is nearmap_au for Nearmap AU photomaps and nearmap_us for Nearmap US photomaps)
Tag: Add tags as required
- Hit Add Item
- In the Description page that opens, hit the SHARE button
- Within the SHARE window, tick or untick as desired the user groups you would like this layer to be accessible to. Hit OK
Your ArcGIS Portal users should now be able to use this Portal item in Web apps, ArcMap, and other applications as per the normal Portal workflow.